I attended the Can-Fit-Pro 2011 Halifax Conference last weekend and one of the lectures was about how to become your personal best. Everyone has a different definition of success, but despite all of the different definitions, this holds true: success is balance in all areas. Below are some steps to discovering what is your best, and achieving it.
1. Create a map for your life. If you don't know what you want, how can you achieve it? If you don't know where to go, how can you get there? Sit down and decide what your perfect life looks like. Write down where you want to be, what you want to be, and how you want to feel. Then, start taking steps right away to achieve the end goal. Don't wait! Do something, even something small, everyday to work towards your ideal life.
2. Exercise. Of course, this is an important one! It's hard to be great if you don't feel great. Exercise daily to feel strong, confident, motivated, and like you can take on the world! Energy creates energy!
3. Eat like a champion! This doesn't mean eat everything in sight. This means eat well- get proper nutrition to fuel your brain and your body!
4. Try something new every 90 days. Surprise yourself regularly by learning something new about yourself. Experience new things regularly to grow as a person, and you will become a better person! Go dancing, try rock climbing, go see a play, audition for a part in a play! Whatever you can think of! Just go for it!!
5. Surround yourself with amazing people. Keep people around you that build you up, inspire you, and motivate you to achieve your goals. Try not to surround yourself with people who bring you down.
6. Stay positive! Don't be one of those people that others don't want to surround themselves with! Positivity can be challenging on hard days, but put your struggles into perspective. Often times we find it easier to think "poor me" and blame others for our challenges, but really, challenges are what help us become more capable! I'm not saying you have to be fake, but you may have to fake it until you make it! Positivity is contagious. Smile as often as you can and people around you will smile too, and that just feels good :)
7. Have fun. Life is short, way too short to live too seriously. Be silly, laugh at yourself, and don't sweat the small stuff! Play, dance, sing, and enjoy yourself.
8. Don't let set backs set you back. Set backs are a part of life. It's very rare that anything worth doing comes easily to us. We have to work on obtaining our goals, and that's what makes achieving them so satisfying. If we let set backs stop us from moving forward, we will never get anywhere!
9. Become a lover of knowledge. We have access to unlimited amounts of information on just about every subject! The internet has given us the ability to learn about any topic with the click of a button. Start learning, your brain needs stimulation in order to keep working properly.
10. Lastly, live your dream. Live right now! Don't put it on hold anymore.
Dream Lofty dreams
and as you dream,
so you will become
So, what are you going to do today?! What it is, make sure you smile while you do it
Have a happy Wednesday!