Monday, April 6

Bathing Suit Ready!?

Summer is almost upon us, and that means days at the beach will be here before we know it! If that idea scares you, don't let it. If you're someone who wears a t-shirt over a bathing suit at the beach and refuses to take it off, or, even worse, if you're someone who just refuses to go to the beach or a pool party because you don't want to be seen, then you need to make some changes in your life.

It is a horrible feeling to get into a bathing suit and feel uncomfortable and/or unattractive because of your weight. It breaks my heart when I see people I know in that situation because I know how upsetting it is, I've been there. I'm happy to tell you that it doesn't take much to start feeling good enough about yourself to make the beach, or pool party, an enjoyable experience.

When you being an exercise program and start to eat healthy, you will feel proud of yourself and build confidence almost immediately. Well, that is if you're going about it the right way. When you don't know what you're doing or whether or not you're doing it right, it can just add to your insecurity and frustration. Hiring a trainer can help you feel like you're really making a difference, because you know the program works!

You may not feel comfortable enough to strut your stuff in a bikini by this summer even if you start a workout regime right away
(or speedo- for you studs out there), but I'm confident your success and positivity will enable you to go and enjoy yourself minus the baggie t-shirt, at least!

Don't let your weight hold you back from participating in the best parts of our too-short-as-it-is summer anymore. There is no reason why you can't wear what you want and be comfortable. Just take steps to educate yourself on the changes you need to make to get there, and how to take those steps in the safest and most efficient way possible.



2 comments:

  1. Great advice! I'm determined not to wrap myself in a towel this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me both. It isn't the t-shirt over the top...it's the bathtowel around the waist :) As I told Brittany, bikinis left the building somewhere between child #3 and child #4, but oh...to wear a bathing suit without wanting to duck and cover?! Makes me want to keep going!

    ReplyDelete