Monday, May 11

Chew!

40 is the magic number when it comes to eating. A recent study I read about showed that when people were given nuts to eat, 40 chews resulted in feeling fuller than 10 or even 25 chews of the same portion of nuts. People who chewed longer also felt fuller for longer, which leads scientists to believe that it is simply the act of chewing that signals are brain to feel satisfied.

Another note on chewing, grab some gum! This article I was sent stated that chewing gum also helps you feel fuller for longer, which
reduces hunger, cravings for sweets, and over-snacking. My vote goes to Five gum, which lasts longer than any other I've tried! And I'm a big gum chewer *wink*

2 comments:

  1. Proper mastication also takes the load of your stomach as far as digestion is concerned. I've made a conscious effort to chew more and I'm finding I have a lot less stomach aches and bloated gassy feelings!

    :^)

    ReplyDelete