Wednesday, April 29

Living Better With Green Tea

I'm big on green tea, and we all should be! The health benefits to drinking green tea are numerous and include protection from certain cancers, aid in weight loss, immune system boost, stress relieve, and even bad breath, and that's just to name a few!

If you don't like green tea, drink it anyway. I am a firm believer that your body and taste buds will adapt if you stay consistent and you'll start to enjoy the foods you never thought you'd eat. Example, I use to despise sweet potatoes, 100% natural peanut butter, fish, cottage cheese, and green tea. When I learned the health benefits of these foods I forced myself to eat them. The peanut butter was the easiest adjustment and I can't stand the taste of the other stuff now, sweet potato was the hardest and it took me weeks to like it, but I've grown to love them!

Just try a cup a day! Feel free to sweeten it with some honey or get use to the wonderful natural flavor all on its own :) There are health benefits to the caffeine in green tea as well, so don't feel that you need to buy the decaffeinated kind.

For more information on the many benefits of green tea, follow this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potential_effects_of_tea_on_health

I hope you all go buy some today and if you hate it, keep drinking it and I promise it'll get better!

1 comment: