Friday, April 24

Write it Down!

It's funny how the simple act of writing things down makes us more self aware of our actions, makes us feel like we're being held accountable, and keeps us focused.

Last night I decided that this summer I'm going to make the best of my time. I got out my journal, which I haven't touched in years, and wrote out a list of things I want to do this weekend, then I made another list of things I wanted to accomplish this coming week, and a third list of goals I want to achieve over the next month. It's a great way to feel like you have structure and is less overwhelming than carrying all of the ideas in your head.

What is important to remember is that you need to set realistic goals and give yourself a realistic amount of time to accomplish them. And break down one big goal into smaller goals. If your goal is to be able to run a 10k race, start with making the commitment to go for a 30 minute jog (or walk- depending on where you're starting from) this weekend. Maybe make getting a new pair of sneakers a goal too! Anything that will get you to the end result that you're looking for.

Keep your list simple, clear, and focus only on the time period you're in. I'm not thinking about what I need to do next week right now- I'm thinking about what I want to accomplish this weekend, and when this weekend's over I'll only focus on next week's set of goals, and so on.

We're suppose to have a beautiful weekend this weekend! Hopefully the sunshine will encourage everyone to get up off their butts and into a healthy routine to get fit :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm taking a picture with my phone of all the food I put in my mouth this week. It's suppose to help you focus on what your eating, like a digital
    diary, and it helps you lose weight :) So that's my goal for the week!

    ReplyDelete