Tuesday, February 10

Yay for Cora's!!

Since I've become health conscious I have always had a really tough time going out to eat for breakfast at a restaurant. It is the most important meal of the day (it really is!) and yet it has got to be the toughest meal to find a healthy option for when going out to eat.

My friend invited me to Cora's for breakfast over the weekend and I have to admit I was kind of dreading it. I had went before, back when I didn't care about what I was putting into my body, and I thought it was amazing! I went after I started to care more about myself too and I had them try to make me an egg white omelet - ICK, it was horrible. I was not looking forward to going back.

Well, I must say, I was quite impressed this time around. They actually serve oatmeal! It's a decent portion of oatmeal and you can get it made with skim milk and brown sugar comes in a dish on the side. It's served with bread, so quite a lot of carbs, but still a much healthier option than the other dishes they offer. I'm not sure why it is not served with fruit though? Anyway, I'm happy to report that I left there feeling full, and not at all guilty.

I also noticed you can get a bagel and fruit, english muffin with honey, fruit, and harvest crunch cereal and yogurt! I will feel much better about going again now that I know there are some healthier options to choose from.

When you go out to eat- don't be afraid to ask to have your meal prepared a bit differently to make it healthier for you. Most places are more than willing to accommodate their health conscious customers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment