Thursday, March 19

Consider This:

"You get good at what you do, so do what you want to get good at."

That's one of my favorite quotes and I live my life by it, absolutely. It was in hearing this simple sentence that I got the courage to become a trainer. Every time I'm reluctant to try something, anytime I think "Oh I could never do that", or when I start a sentence with "Oh I'll never be "blank" enough to...", I stop myself. You don't become good at something without trying.

If you don't think you'll ever be a good runner, or a great biker, if you don't think you'll ever have the energy or strength to go on a hiking trip with your significant other or keep up with your kids....but you want to, think of that quote. You get good at what you do, so do what you want to get good at.

And, really, who wants to get good at sitting on the couch and feeling depressed?

Understand that it's only by "doing" that we get good at anything! Give yourself time to get over the initial and awkward stage that everyone goes through when they're learning something new, and, every now and again, give yourself a pat on the back for having the courage to try.

:)

1 comment: