Tuesday, March 24

You Snooze, You Lose (weight that is)!

We all know how important it is to get a good 8 hours of sleep a night, but did you know that it can help with weight loss?

People that get a good 8-8.5 hours of sleep were shown to snack less throughout the day than people who only got about 5-5.5 hours of sleep. The more sleep deprived group didn't end up eating larger meals, but they snacked more throughout the day, and mainly on high-carb foods late in the evening.

It was estimated that a good night's rest can reduce your intake of calories by about 220 calories a day!

So, if you're trying to watch your diet in an effort to lose weight, hit the sack earlier and get a well deserved rest.

PS: I'm giving you two tips today since I missed yesterday!

1 comment:

  1. Heyy...now this is a tip I can realistically embrace!! ;) I love me some sleep!

    All jokes aside, thanks for your daily tips...I totally look forward to your blog each day!

    ReplyDelete