Friday, April 3

What 's Your Motto?

"The advantage of exercising everyday is that you die healthier"

If this is your motto...tsk tsk tsk

Being healthy and fit is proven to increase your chances of living a long life, and living it well. When you exercise, you are less likely to get diseases, become disabled, stiff, and depressed.

Yes, we all die, but I don't think many people lay on their death bed wishing they ate more greasy foods or cake during their life. I doubt many people on their death bed think "Man, I wish I had just stayed home on the couch watching TV more often, instead of going out with my family on those hiking trips."

Ya get what I'm saying? Sure, it's easier to do nothing but sit in your comfies curled up on the couch watching your favorite show on TV; it's easier to eat junk to cover up your emotions of pain, guilt, fear, etc etc, instead of facing them head on. I've been there and done that, and I know that lifestyle did nothing for me.
It did not make me a better or stronger (mentally and physically) woman. We don't become better without challenge, work, failure, and fear. When we let these negative elements control our lives, we sink into a shell of a body that we hate.

When I started my journey towards a healthier lifestyle, I taught myself what it felt like to succeed. I learned how to GO FOR IT despite being terrified. The amount of times I've felt proud to be who I am now, compared to before this journey started, is amazing. I actually have a sense of fearlessness within me. It sounds silly and cliche, I know, but if you've ever been unhealthy, shy, and insecure, to come out of that to the other side will change you forever.

Now, you will probably never feel like you're as healthy or fit as you want to be. I know that no matter how hard I work I will always want to be better. That is what it is to be human. That is what drives us and makes us move forward in life. We can't be satisfied or we'll stop progressing.

Being happy of your accomplishments is crucial, being proud of who you are and loving the person you've made yourself into is vital, but that doesn't mean you can't want more. Push yourself to do what you want to do, but don't think you can, and surprise yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment